This salad is best when corn is in season. Great as a side dish or even a dip.
- Four ears corn, husks removed (or use frozen corn as a substitute)
- One 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 C loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 C cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/8 C olive oil
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- One avocado, cubed (optional)
Grill corn until cooked through and starting to char. Cut from cob with a sharp knife.
Place the black beans, corn, red onion, red bell pepper, avocado (if using) and jalapeno in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, honey, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the beans and vegetables and toss gently to coat.