What to make when Paul wants meat and I want a salad? Steak salad, of course!
- 1 ribeye steak, grilled
- Romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 8-10 grape tomatoes, halved
- large cut shredded cheese (cheddar or cheddar blend)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Roasted corn and black bean salad http://damnlifeisgood.com/2021/05/15/roasted-summer-corn-and-black-bean-salad/
- Tortilla chips, crushed
Ingredients for salad dressing:
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1/4 C buttermilk
- 2 T ranch dressing mix (we use the blend from The Spice House https://www.thespicehouse.com/products/homestyle-ranch-salad-dressing-dip-mix
- 1/2 C medium or hot jarred salsa
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t cayenne pepper, optional
Mix all the salad dressing ingredients and set in fridge. Grill steak to medium rare. Let rest and prepare remainder of salad ingredients.
Cut steak against the grain and place on salad. Garnish with broken chips.