- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 T butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 T all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 C finely shredded parmesan
- cayenne pepper
- Additional all purpose flour
- 2 T EVOO
- 1/3 C dry white wine
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C canned chicken broth
- 1/4 C drained capers
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
- homemade semolina pasta (or quality store bought pasta)
- chopped fresh parsley and slice lemon for serving
Place chicken between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap. Using meat pounder or rolling pin, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Mix 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons flour in small bowl until smooth. Place additional flour in shallow baking dish.
Dip chicken into flour to coat; shake off excess.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy skillet Add 2 chicken breasts and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Cook remaining two breasts.
Bring wine, lemon juice and broth to boil in 1 skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in butter-flour mixture and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in capers, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve over pasta. Garnish with some of the fresh parsley and a lemon slice.Read More →