BBQ sauce with a kick! This sauce is addicting. It also makes a great gift for foodies.
Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce. Makes about 2 cups.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup molasses (if using unsulphured molasses, cut back a bit on the brown sugar or it will be to sweet)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 T prepared Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 T ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a low boil them simmer about 10 minutes until combined. Cool then put in fridge.