A pretty accurate copy-cat recipe from a classic Mid-western pizza joint. Try to find the original taco flavored Doritos if you can!
- One fresh or prepared pizza crust
- ½ C refried beans (use the spicy kind if that’s your thing)
- ½ C taco sauce
- ½ C pizza sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet (or use Paul’s homemade version)
- Mozzarella cheese
- shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- taco flavored Doritos-crushed
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brown the ground beef, drain any excess fat. Add taco seasoning and a little water. When it is cooked through, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Mix refried beans, taco sauce and pizza sauce. Add to crust then layer meat and cheeses. Bake on a pizza pan until cheese is bubbly, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool about five minutes then add fresh toppings. Slice and serve with additional taco sauce. Very messy but very good!