A great appetizer when tomatoes are at their peak but really, delicious anytime.
- 1 10-ounce log goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
- 4 T EVOO, plus more for brushing
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 T fresh herbs – thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil (whatever you have)
- 8-10 small cocktail tomatoes (about 10 ounces), quartered
- 2 T chopped fresh chives
- 2 t balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- toaste baguette slices
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, parmesan and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor and season with pepper; puree until smooth. Stir in 2 T of fresh herbs. Brush a 1-quart baking dish with olive oil, then spread the cheese mixture in the dish, mounding it slightly higher around the edge than in the middle. Bake until golden and heated through, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, chives, vinegar, garlic, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the dip. Serve warm with baguette slices.