We picked up some fennel at our Farmer’s Market this week and this salad/slaw was a great use for it!
We paired this with fried chicken tenders and corn on the cob. It is a super bright salad that would also pair nicely with BBQ and pork roast.
- one fresh fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- one Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced then cut into match sticks
- 1/4-1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (*see note)
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of one lemon
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T olive oil (or a neutral oil)
- 1 T sugar (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
*if your red onion is strong, put the slices in an ice bath for a half hour. Alternately, use fresh cut chives in place on the red onion.