This is basically just a pico de gallo with mango. That being said, it is an absolutely perfect compliment to blackened fish also on this blog. It also is a great dip for chips!
- 1 ripe mango, cut into cubes
- 1/2 C red onion, chopped
- 8-10 grape tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 lime, seeded and juiced
- salt to taste
- pinch of cumin
Mix all ingredients and season to taste. It’s good to make this at the start of cooking and put it in the fridge for the flavors to meld. Pull it out when ready to use and season with a little extra salt if needed.