When sweet corn is in season, you must do everything in your power to eat it at every meal. Here is a salad that uses the best of peak farmer’s market produce.
Creamy Green Goddess Dressing
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 1/4 C buttermilk
- 2 T Champagne vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 2/3 lightly packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 C light packed fresh tarragon
- 1/4 C cut chives, chervil, dill, mint or cilantro (or combo)
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon, crumbled
- 4-6 heads Little Gem lettuce (or other greens in season)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 12 ounces cooked bay shrimp (optional)
For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings as needed.
For the salad, cook corn and bacon and layer on lettuce. Add bay shrimp for a main course meal. Delish!